Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The return

The return to Portugal after 3 months in Greece has been one of the hardest things I have ever been through... Everything seems so vulgar now, so unreal. It feels like my vision is blurred or something. Everybody makes so many questions and the worst is that half of them don’t really care about it and the other half doesn’t understand what I say. And people talk SO much… at least now that I understand every single word of what they say it seems so.
Is not that I’m not happy to be back. The thing is that I had such a great time in Greece! I had so much fun, I grew so much! I miss my roommates and my friends, my independence, my wonderful life of backpacker…
Here everything looks the same even though there are some small changes. And as I was not here while those changes happened, it seems that I don’t fit here. My sense of belonging is a bit… confused.
I find myself not caring about what goes on here. I only thing about what is happening there, what my friends are doing, where they are and how much I want to be there with them. But I’m certain that even if I return to Greece sometime in the future, it will never be the same thing – Erasmus spirit is a funny thing.
And now there’s this fear that all the memories will slowly fade away and that my friends and I will go separate ways despite all the promises. That we will never see each other again.
Now I feel sad but I know it will pass. I just need some time to readjust… It’s funny that people always told me that it would be hard to be in Greece all by myself and that I would have a hard time and it was exactly the other way around… Life is really tricky! =)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mafalda said...

coitadinhaaaa =) tas mm tristinha...eh vdd k passa...m os amigos n precisam d s perder necessariamente...e s visitars a grecia pd n ser igual m pds rever algumas pessoas o k ja eh bom n? eu n percebo claro o k s passou lah mas espero perceber po ano s tiver uma kantidade estupida d sorte e conseguir ir po brasil ainda :D td vai passar bixeza e vais sentir-t em casa outra vez :D beijo``

7:39 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Neste momento é assim que pensas, e vai custar durante algum tempo. Vais pensar em todos os que deixaste lá e não vês mais, no que viste e tão cedo não verás, as festas... Eu sei, eu passei pelo mesmo... Tens de pensar que tudo faz parte de um ciclo e, como tal, tudo começa e acaba, tal como o ERASMUS! Agora que já foi a nossa vez, é altura de partilharmos a experiência e encorajarmos outros a ir para lá!! beijoooos do zé, que também é grego... e do PANATHINAIKOS!!!!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home